I talk a lot about women in sport. Just try and shut me up! Actually, don’t… I’m fairly sure it’s a wasted effort.
I also write about women’s sport.
Here are some speaking highlights:
Radio and podcast segments
- ‘It’s a perfect storm’: the rise and rise of women in sport – ABC Overnights – The next five years are shaping to be memorable for female athletes as a number of sports strive to become genuine career opportunities. But how will the success of team sports like AFLW, soccer, netball and cricket affect the more individual sporting endeavours? Joining Trevor is writer and advocate for women in sport, Danielle Warby.
- On JoyFM talking AFL Women’s Draft & Melbourne Sports Writers Festival
- Ladies who League S1 Ep24 – Olympic fever hits Ladies who League this week and we become Ladies who Zela as we are joined by Danielle Warby (editor of SBS Zela) and Amanda Shalala from Fox Sports.
- Talking Point – Women in Sport – ABC Overnights – Not only did this year’s Melbourne Cup “stop the nation” as the race tends to do every year, but it also got people talking about women in sport after Michelle Payne became the first female jockey to ride the winning horse. She referred to horse racing afterwards as a “chauvinistic sport.” What are the challenges women face in sport and what will be the next big hurdle for women to overcome? Danielle Warby is an advocate for women in sport and Director of the Australian Womensport and Recreation Association. She’s also the Founder of Sporting Sheilas. Danielle Warby joins Rod Quinn.
- Ladies who League S1 Ep6 – A busy show today as Mary K is joined by Erin Riley, Danielle Warby, Megan Hustwaite and Naomi Stalenberg from the Thunder WBBL team to talk NRL, AFL, T20 and WNBL.
Speaking engagements and panels
Play by the Rules’ Diversity and Inclusion in Sport Forum
Sports Writers Festival – The Rise of Women’s Sport
“Opportunity or Opportunism?”: Angela Pippos, Danielle Warby, Karen Lyon & Chloe Saltau moderated by Lynne Haultain.
Deakin WISE: ‘Celebrating women in sport and exercise’
MC of the Celebrating Girls in Sport Festival
— Danielle Warby (@DanielleWarby) November 8, 2016
- Tuesday 28 November 2017
- 9 am – 5 pm
- Griffith University, Gold Coast campus, Parklands Drive, Building G42, Level 4