Danielle Warby is an advocate for women in sport and has been working to promote women’s sport since 2006.
Part journalist, part marketer, part content manager, part public relations and full time fan.
- Visit my full profile on LinkedIn to see more examples of my work. Do feel free to add me but, if we don’t know each other yet, PLEASE send a message with your connection request.
- Follow @DanielleWarby on Twitter
- Underpaid, under-protected: Australian football’s women players deserve better – Mashable
- Sex sells sex, not women in Australian sport – The Guardian
- And for a bit of fun: Your imaginary boyfriend David Pocock totally supports women in sport – SBS Zela
Women in sport – oh, the things I’ve done
I was the managing editor of Zela, SBS’s website devoted to women in sport. I also managed the Facebook and Twitter accounts.
I was the content and community manager at sportforwomen.com.au and content and social strategist at thewomensgame.com. I produced content on sportswomen for Rebel Sport. Helped out Tameka Butt and Lauren Reynolds with media relations.
I am the founder and managing editor of Sporting Sheilas, a website I set ran from 2006-2016. It’s an ever-evolving project and I’m now focused on telling the stories of Aussie women in sport via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Speaking engagements and panels
I love getting up and talking about women’s sport. I could do it all day. Here’s a few events I’ve been a part of.
Girls Can! Women Can! Summit
Monday, 1st May 2017
9:00am to 1:00pm followed by lunch
Speaking of events, sometimes I organise them. Like Celebrating the Spike in Women’s Sport for Volleyball Australia. with special guests Angela Pippos, Kerri Pottharst, Natalie Cook, MC Becchara Palmer and a slew of current elite sportswomen like Alex Blakwell, Sharni Williams, Anna Flanagan and Lisa Darmanin.
The Women’s Game: W-League Web Series
A staple on the football landscape, and the premier source for Australian women’s football content, The Women’s Game is a leader in the women’s sport space.
I produced, directed and filmed the pilot episode of a women’s football web series with former Australian international, Sarah Walsh.